In memory of A.P.J. Abdul Kalam



This is happened on a school function, where our people's president was the chief guest. During his talk, he insisted the school students to ask any question.

One student around 7 years old asked "Which achievement gave you great happiness?"

He smiled and answered "I'm shocked to hear a deep question from you. Well, I was happy many times, during the successful satellite launch, during the Agni and Prithivi missile launches, and also i was happy when the nuclear test was successful. But during the missile research, i created a new composite, which is like a fiber, weightless yet very stable and hard to break. When my project director visited our laboratory which is located at Hyderabad, i showed him my creation can be used in our future missiles. He said, you are going to use this on a thing that causes tragedy (missile), also why don't remove the tragedy through this. I was confused. Then he took me to the orthopedics hospital near our place. I saw many people lost their legs using the carbon based artificial legs. Since it is too heavy to carry, they dragged it and it caused it lot pain. He said "you can help them". I used my creation and made a light weight artificial legs. When i fixed it to 3 girls and 2 boys, they were so happy and started dancing around me. I realized, it is not happiness, it is "ECSTASY"."


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

HA-Proxy setup for Openstack Services

Amazon CloudFront

Openstack to Cloudstack Template Migration